Ratings & Reviews
Freddy is an excellent attorney and is a pleasure to work with.
He is known amongst lawyers as a go-to for complex taxation and corporate dealings.
Freddy is an excellent lawyer. He is well-qualified and an upstanding person with high morals.
Freddy was the primary attorney handling my mother-in-law's estate. It was a large complex estate and his work and guidance was excellent in all respects.
I have interacted professionally with Freddy on many occasions and his knowledge, work ethic and integrity are exceptional.
Freddy Faircloth joined the law firm of James C. Hardin III, PLLC in 2011 as an associate. His practice focuses in the areas of taxation, corporate formation and dissolution, business succession planning, asset protection, estate planning, probate, trusts, and non profit and tax-exempt organizations. Mr. Faircloth is particularly focused on representing businesses and their owners, and he joins the firm with seven years of technical and practical experience representing a range of businesses. Prior to starting his legal career, Mr. Faircloth earned his Masters of Laws in Taxation from The University of Florida.
- LL.M., University of Florida, 2004, Taxation
- J.D., cum laude, University of South Carolina School of Law, 2003
- B.S., cum laude, Clemson University, 2000, Accounting, minor in Political Science
Honors & Awards
- South Carolina Law Review
- Arthur B. Custy Tax Award, University of South Carolina School of Law
- John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court
- Order of the Wig and Robe
Professional Associations & Activities
- American Bar Association
- The North Carolina Bar Association
- The South Carolina Bar
- Member, South Carolina Bar Tax Section Council, 2010 - present
- York County Bar Association
- Oakland Avenue Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) Session 2011-Present
- Robert Haywood Morrison Foundation Board of Directors, 2005-Present
- York County Community Foundation Board of Directors, 2008-Present
- York County Disabilities Foundation Board of Directors, 2007-Present (Vice-Chair)
- Rock Hill Country Club Board of Directors, 2009-Present (Treasurer)
- Rock Hill Rotary Club Board of Directors, 2007-2010
- York County Clemson Club Board of Directors, 2007-Present
- York County Chamber Small Business Council, 2010-Present
- Smiles for a Lifetime Rock Hill Advisory Board, 2010-Present